Porting window-picker-applet to GTK+3

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 00:39:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Lanoxx <lanoxx at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Back in November a wrote to this list that I was porting the
> window-picker-applet to GTK+3 so it can be used in the fallback mode of
> gnome 3.
>
> It took me a little longer to finish this but in the last days I have
> finished porting enough code that it now works on oneiric with GTK+3.
> I'm still working on getting rid of the remaining deprecated functions
> but if any one wants to take a look you can just clone the git
> repository on Github. I included a readme file so it should not be
> difficult to compile and install it:
>
> https://github.com/lanoxx/window-picker-applet
>
> Let me know you someone finds this useful.

Hi,

Most packages in Ubuntu are synced from Debian. If you haven't done so
yet, you might want to contact Guido Günther <agx at debian.org>. He was
the Debian maintainer of window-picker-applet, and might be interested
in reintroducing this to Debian.

Thanks,

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>