Upstream patch notifications

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Feb 1 04:12:31 UTC 2012

Hi Timo,

FWIW -- to see Ubuntu-specific patches on top of Debian packaging, you
could visit
http://ubuntudiff.debian.net/?query=-S+dovecot
and Debian patches are exposed at
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/dovecot/

you could also subscribe to Debian package tracking in the lower left corner
on http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dovecot.html
which should give you options to choose for mail notifications about

    bts: All bug reports and associated discussions.
    bts-control: Notifications about status changes of bug reports.
    cvs: Commit notices of the VCS repository associated to the package (it's not limited to cvs, it might be anything).
    upload-source: Notifications of new sourceful uploads.
    upload-binary: Notifications of binary-only uploads (uploads of buildd mainly).
    summary: Regular summary mails about the status of the package. Currently, these report about the transition into testing, available new upstream versions as well as informations about package removal or orphaning.
    contact: Mails from people contacting the maintainer via package at packages.debian.org.
    default: Mails manually sent to the PTS address.
    buildd: Notifications of build failures from build daemons.
    derivatives: Information about changes made to this package by derivatives (e.g. Ubuntu).
    derivatives-bugs: Bug traffic about this package in derivative distributions (e.g. Ubuntu).
    katie-other: Other mails sent by dak (the software running the archive).
    ddtp: Translations of the package's description created by DDTP contributors.

P.S. I usually announce to the upstream authors availability of such
option (to subscribe to announcements) whenever I upload the very first
version of a package  to Debian archive.  Not sure though how many get
actually subscribed since it adds additional burden for them...

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences