Are UI developers all left handed?

Vincent Ladeuil vila+udd at canonical.com
Mon Aug 13 06:49:43 UTC 2012

<snip/>

    > You will always know that if you write to screen coordinate 0,0, it
    > will be visible. Anything beyond that is an unknown.

I.e. backwards compatibility. Nicely summarized.

In the same vein:

- http://www.snopes.com/history/american/gauge.asp

- because tapes were used in the first computers, you cannot add data at
  the beginning of a file, there was a physical constraint early on that
  blocked even the idea that the most recent data should be easier to
  access than the oldest (sometimes obsolete) one.

The url above give several examples explaining why some things are so
hard to change.

  Vincent