Are UI developers all left handed?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 21:53:13 UTC 2012

On 2012/08/08 16:56 (GMT-0400) Phillip Susi composed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>>  If you've not studiously watched people over 50 or
>>  80 try to use a computer you should. Then you should be able to
>>  discover some important realities about UI usability.

> I have watched people that age use a computer, and never noticed any
> difficulty moving the mouse to the right compared to the left.

Are you purposely being obstreperous? It's not about right compared to left.
It's about moving at all, and in the context of predisposition to move away
from the global hot spot.

> Again, I have never noticed any natural proclivity for moving to the
> right, so some evidence that this is so would be helpful.

Again, you, have not noticed, unlike the OP and I.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/