How to install Precise without getting screwed?

Lanoxx lanoxx at gmx.net
Sat Apr 7 19:22:35 UTC 2012

I fully agree with you. I love Ubuntu but this new trend of reinventing
things that are good but not prefect and then coming up with something
that has a lot less functionality (in the beginning at least) is not a
very good thing.

However in defense of the Ubuntu developers it needs to be said, that
this whole situation with Gnome has been caused by the gnome developers
in the first place.

To add one example to yours, the new print dialog that is available by
default on oneiric has a lot less functionality then the tool from
maverick. Unless one knows that the old print configuration tool is
still available as "system-config-printer" (if i remember correctly)
there is not even a way to configure the default page size.

Cheers
Lanoxx