Brainstorming for UDS-P

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Sun Sep 25 17:23:12 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 10:56 PM, Allison Randal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While we're all in the final preparations for Oneiric, it's round about
> that time in the cycle to start thinking about plans for the next cycle.
> What's on your mind?

In general, avoid big new things that will be half-baked if we start
working on them in P, and focus on finishing off things that are
currently half-baked in O.

Other than that, I think it'd be great if we could focus a bit on power
consumption (i e, make your laptop battery last longer, for different
workloads). Battery life has been a real seller lately for
Dell/HP/Lenovo/etc, and with all benefit that open source has of being
able to analyse the entire stack of things, I'm pretty sure we could
beat Windows quite well - but I'm not sure we currently do (because we
don't even measure it, or do we?).

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic