Dash and onscreen keyboard

Penelope Stowe pstowe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:00:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Francesco Fumanti
<francesco.fumanti at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2011-03-21 20:32, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>>
>> I have been unable to find a way to type in the Search field, using
>> either Onboard Keyboard or Dasher.
>
> It also does not work with kvkbd, even if you place kvkbd where dash
> appears. kvkbd remains visible hiding parts of dash, but dash continues to
> disappear when I click on a keyin kvkbd. So I suppose now that dash
> disappearson every left button click; not only on clicks outside of the
> window of dash.

Please file a bug on this!

>> I believe that accessibility is
>> supposed to be a high priority during this Natty cycle, unfortunately,
>> for every gain, we seem to lose a couple of things.
>
> Is there anybody in charge about accessibility, so we can inform him about
> the issue?

The Accessibility Team (who I'm copying on this e-mail in case any of
our members have anything to add) is aware of the issue. If you can
file bugs whenever possible it would be great. Luke and several other
people have been working hard to get accessibility support in Unity,
however, it may not be fully there for Natty. It is relatively easy to
use stock Gnome instead on Natty, however it's a non-ideal solution,
especially for things like an on-screen keyboard since it's rather
important for touch screen devices as well!

Thanks,
Penelope