wubi missing module multiboot to boot with Xen

Abhishek Dixit abhidixit87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 07:05:59 UTC 2011

Continuing in same thread where we are trying to debug a grub problem
on a machine where Ubuntu
 was installed using Wubi in C driver of Windows 7 C:\ubuntu
following are the grub entries we need to boot

menuentry "Xen Linux 2.6.32.27" {
     insmod ntfs
     set root='(hd0,2)'
     loopback loop0 /ubuntu/disks/root.disk
     set root=(loop0)
     multiboot /boot/xen.gz
     module    /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32.27 dummy=dummy root=/dev/sda2
loop=/ubuntu/disks/root.disk ro console=tty0
     module    /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.27
}

with above entries I was getting

error:file not found.
when booting and command multiboot ,module are not present.

Now to dig this issue further I reboot the machine and go to grub command prompt

and manually pass on each of the above parameters which you see in the
grub entry
when I reached
grub> insmod multiboot
then I got following message on screen
error:file not found.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Phillip Susi <psusi at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On 3/10/2011 12:41 AM, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
>> I am not very clear with what you said in following entry where should
>> I add the line as you suggested.
>
> Any time before the insmod that fails.

As Phillip suggested
set prefix=(loop0)/boot/grub

I tried putting above line at many different places which included
before I gave command
insmod multiboot
and I am getting the same file not found error.

Any further things that I may look into?