Firefox 5+ and 10.04/10.10 (was: Re: Firefox 5, reach 11.04?)

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Jun 23 17:47:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Micah Gersten <micahg at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Currently 3.6.x is supported upstream, so Lucid and Maverick will continue
> to get updates.  Currently, we are planning to migrate 10.04 and 10.10 to
> the rapid release cycle when 3.6.x reaches EOL.  There is some discussion
> upstream about a distro supported Firefox LTS and we will keep an eye on
> those developments.  Be assured that we intend to provide a secure browsing
> experience for the LTS and all the stable releases.

Micah, can you point us to where we might learn more about the Firefox LTS?

Mozilla is doing a good job of confusing users since FF4 is now at EOL and
FF5 was a security update to FF4. [1]

Mozilla doesn't even know how long they will support FF3.6, they have a
meeting about it next week. [2]

1.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Planning/2011-06-22#Schedule_.26_Progress_on_Upcoming_Releases
2.