Canonical fleeces the gnome foundation?

Adrian Petrescu apetresc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:43:43 UTC 2011

I'm more curious about the pragmatic aspects here -- in what sense are the
Banshee maintainers able to "disable" the Amazon store "by default"? If
Canonical is the one packaging and shipping it, and Banshee is open source
software, can't they just re-enable it on the version in Launchpad that they
put in the Ubuntu repositories? What recourse could the Banshee developers
possibly have?

There's probably some subtle point of the relevant open source licenses at
work here, I'm curious to know what they are :)

-Adrian