A little care on new commits?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Tue Aug 9 17:18:35 UTC 2011

Oh I have been doing bug reports when I can. At least 12 from july until
today.

Problem is, for instance, the one shared more actively on forums than on
launchpad, where lightdm just breaks after receiving login credentials,
staying with the X server's null cursor right over the VTs. I cannot send
the usual apport reports simply because the login process won't allow me to
get to it. And by the sheer number of people talking about some of these,
they are neither rare and uncommon nor solved quickly. And if it is a bug
that happens in several cases - that means the developer just threw an
update for the sake of it with little testing. The developer would receive
more useful feedback on the real issues if he/she had been more cautious to
begin with.

That is what I mean with more careful commits.

Please, I am not just ranting "OMG MY UBUNTU IS BROKEN" - Far from it. I am
a developer too and understand the issues.

--
[]
Alexandre Strube
surak at ubuntu.com