amanda client/server update

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Apr 15 04:21:54 UTC 2011

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:26:30 PM Robert Simmons wrote:
> I'm sure the closer the Natty release date gets the more requests such
> as this you get, but is there any chance that the amanda client and
> server packages will be brought up to date by then?
>
> Update to ver 3.2.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

We had version 3.2.0.  Based on your request, I checked Debian and they have
3.2.1 packaged.  I've requested to have it sync'ed from Debian, so you should
get 3.2.1 at least.  Amanda is a reasonably complex package and so I think
this close to release we are better off to rely on the expertise of the Debian
maintainer and update to what he has successfully packaged than to attempt to
jump past that.

Scott K