is python-pymtp maintained?

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 13:58:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Fergal Daly <fergal at esatclear.ie> wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pymtp/+bug/575091
>
> is 4 months old, has 2 patches to fix this library (which is
> completely broken in lucid) but no one on the Ubuntu side has
> responded,

Alas, I'm sure this is due to resource constraints (i.e., fewer active
and able maintainers in Ubuntu for the huge pool of universe sources).
 Thanks for raising it, however.

Looking at the patch, much of it seems to be unnecessary whitespace
changes, which explodes the diff.  The actual changes themselves seem
reasonable, but there needs to be a lot of testing for both Maverick
and Lucid at this point.  If patches can be generated against the
Maverick and Lucid sources separately and posted to the bug report,
that would help tremendously.  The changes would need to include the
relevant bit from Debian's 0.0.4-2 upload, too.

Best,
-Dan