Overriding binaries in Debian Source 3 (quilt)

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 11 22:30:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:57:05AM +0100, Dave Walker wrote:
> I assumed that leaving it a day or so, would mean that the buildd
> environment updating to that dpkg version would mean that this issue is
> resolved for Maverick.
>
> However, this seems not to be the case.  When uploading to Maverick i'm
> getting:
[...]
> This is the same issue I was getting before dpkg was fixed in Maverick
> (rejection before going near Maverick buildd).  This issue, i would
> imagine, is going to become more frequent as deb src 3 becomes more
> popular.  Normally, i wouldn't propose the fix for SRU to lucid - but it
> seems that if Launchpad is running Lucid it may be a requirement - but
> would this be enough to solve the issue?

There are two possible routes:

  * File an RT request with the patch to have it backported directly
    onto the Launchpad servers;

  * Get it into lucid-proposed, and file an RT request to have this
    installed (would be easier once it's in lucid-updates, but this can
    be leapfrogged if need be).

I think I'd recommend the latter so that we don't have too much stuff
sloshing around only in internal archives.  I'm happy to sign it off if
need be.