Dump Google?

Brian Vaughan bgvaughan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 19:07:32 UTC 2010

On 09/11/2010 07:49 AM, Florian Rehnisch wrote:
> Well, I'm not much of an Ubuntu user.
>
> But I've been hanging around on the internet since there wasn't no Google
> at all.  Today, the average user expects to find a Google search
> pane in their Firefox, Chromium, Konqueror -- so why dump it?
>
> Is there a sensible alternative?
>
>  flori

Google's not beyond criticism, but it's a good service, and one users
expect to have available.

It's trivially easy to change the default search engine in Firefox, and
not much more difficult to add additional search engines to the list.
Adding a few under-appreciated open source search engines to the list
seems like a reasonable proposal. Removing Google from the list does not.

Brian