Ogv support in software center

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sat Oct 30 17:51:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:25 -0500, Chris Hardee wrote:
>         It's probably been talked about before, but as proposed here:
>         https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GamesIntegration
>
>         I think we need add ogv/movie support in software-center to
>         show off games
>         and some applications (I'm thinking like CAD software and such
>         so users can
>         get a feel for how interactive it is). In fact I think we
>         should have the
>         application page be a webkit widget and possibly have html5
>         interaction.

Hey Chris. I like the idea of ogv and possibly html5 being embedded in
the UI. My only reservation is that too much freedom in the layout may
compromise visual structure and consistency. Adding to that, the ability
to add more user created data as well, may make it even more consistent.
Although, I suppose it depends on how it is done.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred