Munin-node's 'apt_all' cronjob.

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Tue Oct 26 07:11:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am somewhat annoyed by the cronjob for Munin's apt_all plugin. This
cronjob is enabled by default even if one does not activate the apt_all
plugin and it spams my syslog which is completely unnescessary, imo.

Even though it is "only 288 lines a day"; with my server i have to
'grep -v' the crap to get a clear view of what happened in my logs.

Yes i know i can disable it, but it seems to me such functionality
should not be enabled by default at all.

Any chance on making the default commented out in cron.d/munin-cron?

The apt_all plugin could just error out if the cron isn't enabled or
something similar, alerting the few users interrested in a graph of
their packages to manually switch on the cronjob.

Before i'm filing a wishlist bug, any comments?

With regards,
-Sander.