SSH and the Ubuntu Server

Soren Hansen soren at
Fri Nov 19 16:05:57 UTC 2010

On 18-11-2010 16:49, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> I want the person installing the server to actually make the choice
> to install ssh in order to realize that doing so may have
> consequences. ie: "Oh wait, If I install ssh now, I should unplug the
> server from the network and configure ssh properly before hooking it
> back up..."

What does "configure ssh properly" usually entail? Are these some
defaults we can change or offer as follow-on questions if people answer
"Yes" to this dialog? (Yes, I fully realise that will very likely result
in a net loss in usability on account of more questions asked, just
trying to get something constructive out of this thread)

Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer
OpenStack Developer