Munin-node's 'apt_all' cronjob.

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Tue Nov 2 08:37:19 UTC 2010

Quoting Daniel Hahler (ubuntu+lists at thequod.de):

> I agree with this, however maybe it would be possible to make the cron
> run (more) silent, e.g. by only logging to /var/log/cron, but not
> syslog?!

IMO the problem here is munin-node's cron entry, not cron itself.
I like cron and the way it logs stuf.

Your idea would require something like syslog-ng as default syslog
daemon with filters in place to move messages to separate logs which is
way more impacting to Ubuntu than changing the munin-node apt_all
plugin.

-Sndr.