Who's still maintaining libusb-0.1?

Eric Miao eric.miao at canonical.com
Mon May 31 10:10:11 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Sorry I brought this topic to such a massive audience. But unfortunately upower
seems to be still linked with libusb-0.1, and thus bug 427805 and numerous other
duplicates are affecting many users. (http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/427805)

This happens intermittently and was ignored by me previously until several hours
ago I realized there are so many users out there affected by this, mostly Mac
users including me, and it looks Mac is vulnerable to this possibly
because of the
difference in the USB devices' descriptors.

Debugged this and came up with a simple fix (a most common error), yet I don't
know where to send except as attachment on LP. And we were also talking about
deprecating libusb-0.1 in -M, yet this seems to be still useful for
Lucid users at
this moment.

Patch attached.

- eric