A Question about Quickly

Owais Lone hello at owaislone.org
Sun May 16 17:11:31 UTC 2010

Hey there. Love you guys for the work you did in Lucid. Amazing.

So, here I am loving Ubuntu, checking out quickly. I really love quickly and
quickly-widgets.

My concern/question is that when someone uses quickly widgets, it makes his
quickly-done-cool-app depend on quickly.
Which in-turn depends on lots and lots of things. So my 100kb cool-app now
downloads megabytes with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that how it works?

I think widgets and prompts should be moved to a separate package or qucikly
should insert the code for the widgets to some module in the app itself.

May be something like this.

$ quickly add quickly-widget couch-grid

and the code for couch-grid sits in MY-COOL-APP.Widgets.

This way no app will depend on quickly itself.

--
Owais Lone
hello at owaislone.org
http://www.owaislone.org