Creation of a .deb package for Mapbender

Abhishek Singh singhabhishek.bit at gmail.com
Wed May 12 10:25:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am currently working on to make .deb package for Mapbender. I basically
have it source code with me but that source doesn't have a makefile or
build.xml. I want to make its .deb file. Currently it has a install.sh
(shell script) to install it. During the course of installation it asks for
password for postgresql database(that is prerequisite for its installation)
several times. I want to have GUI for that too i.e to allow a user to key in
the passwords in the GUI Window. It also needs to add a virtual host in
default file in /etc/apache2/sites-available. I want the .deb file to do
that automatically and also it need to modify a configuration file inside
the source code i.e actually a tarball withe name of the user who is
privileged to access the database along-with his password.
Please help me in order to make .deb package for that software(basically
coded in PHP, JavaScript and XML)

And please suggest names of some similar packages(by similar I mean that
they are coded in PHP, Javascript and XML) that have .deb package too.

Thanks,

Abhishek Kumar Singh
BE/1349/2007
Information Technology