UID mapping filesystem

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Tue May 11 18:20:27 UTC 2010

How about formatting your flash drive as FAT and use it everywhere
without ACL mess?

=)

Alternativly you might be able to achieve this with cunning DeviceKit
/ PolicyKit rules.

I don't see how this can be useful as FUSE because it will be one more
hurdle to jump.

Also I don't understand how can you prove that this flash drive with
this random UID is actually yours on a new machine? Surely that would
still require root access to add yourself to your new FUSE config.