Removal of PulseAudio from Ubuntu

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:27:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 6 May 2010 00:58:36 -0400, Ryan Oram <ryan at infinityos.net> wrote:

> I apologize if I was frank, but problem with PulseAudio is that it
> does not always work with existing code.

Yes, this is true. But again, the problem is with the existing code, not
PulseAudio. If we are going to simply give up whenever new code breaks
existing broken code, I don't know how we are going to meet the
challenge of keeping up with Windows and Mac OS X.

> Before OSS4 is implemented in infinityOS, I will make sure that
> everything works out of the box with the OSS4 audio system.

I still don't understand why you would think that OSS4 is going to be
able to deliver the same functionality as PulseAudio without the bug
burden.

But, as others have said, feel free to try it in your own distribution.

- Ben