A bug of Linux in Ubuntu 10.04

Bill Lee billleecn2007 at sina.com
Fri Mar 26 12:32:24 UTC 2010

First of all, as a foreign English speaker, I may not be able to express
myself complete. If you have difficult understand this mail, I feel sorry.
I ran Ubuntu 10.04 on Virtual Box OSE, and find that the ACPI part of
Linux Ubuntu 10.04 cannot work with Virtual Box OSE.
System will hold up when loading Linux kernel. But if I send parameter
'acpi=off' to the kernel or disable the ACPI support of the virtual
machine, the system will work.
The version of Linux is '2.6.32-16-generic #25-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 9
16:33:52 UTC 2010'.
The Virtual Box OSE is running in Ubuntu 9.10 and its version is
'3.0.8_OSE r53138'.
Ubuntu 9.10 can work with this version of Virtual Box. So I think this
problem can be sovled. I wish Lucid LTS will become better.

Best wishes,
Bill Lee