Booting and login - why are users not logged in automatically?

John Vivirito gnomefreak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:29:45 UTC 2010

On 03/24/2010 04:51 PM, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>> Phillip Susi wrote:

>>> I didn't think auto logon was an option if you were using encryption...
>>> at least it's a very bad idea since it defeats the purpose of encryption
>>> in the first place.  Most people don't use that though, so...
>>
>> I'm having some trouble imagining how auto-login would even work with
>> encrypted filesystems - auto-decryption, too?
>
> It doesn't work.  As it shouldn't work.

I dont have a problem setting auto log in. Also when you install Lucid
it gives you the choice to auto log in with encrypted file system IIRC

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III