lucid testreport upgraded 24 march 2010 from karmic

Rene Veerman rene7705 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:22:45 UTC 2010

Hi.

uhm, the upgrade process was smooth.

few bugs after startup though;

- got a usb harddisk listed with it's uuid in /etc/fstab, but lucid
wont start ("waiting for [mountpoint of said hd]") when it's listed in
that file.
funny enough it does boot, and auto-mount that disk, when i remove
it's entry from /etc/fstab.

- soundblaster doesn't work. volume levels are good, card reports no
error (in gui at least), yet no sound leaves the speakers...

- had my compiz set to put my 2 screens in a left/right, shared
desktop config. i had a desktop of 3360x1050 on which i put
single-file backgrounds that span both screens.
under lucid, my backgrounds (same file) are zoomed in and what's on
the left screen as background is duplicated on the right screen.

- i'm against moving the window buttons to the left. it'll be annoying
AS HELL, having to change a habit that's used that often.

but thanks for the effort so far :)