man 2 write - clarification

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 10:53:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following phrase taken from man 2 write manual page is confusing:
> POSIX  requires that a read(2) which can be proved to occur after a
> write() has returned returns the new data.
>
> I think you should you some comas to make a clear statement.
> POSIX  requires that a read(2), which can be proved to occur after a
> write() has returned, returns the new data.

I think this should be reported upstream directly.
Write a patch for it and send it on the mailing list CC-ing the
maintainer. Check the contributing rules.

http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/contributing.html
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/patches.html
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.man

--