Indie Software Dev

Luke Aaron lukeaar at
Sat Mar 6 02:46:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:34:28 pm Jon Buys wrote:
> Thank you all for sharing your insight.  I forgot about Moneydance and the games, those are very good points.  I'm finishing my app on the Mac for now, but I'll be keeping a very close eye on the Linux market.  I'm very interested in bringing a Linux version to market, but one thing at a time.
> I've been pleasantly surprised today, I was halfway expecting answers to my question to be hostile.
> Thanks again,
> Jon

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that many Linux users will happily pay for an application to support any commercial business that makes Linux releases of their software.  Of course, the software has to be good as well, but any company that gives Linux some application love is worth a few dollars out of my pocket.

Luke Aaron

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989