package fluid - build error

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 5 15:24:10 UTC 2010

(please note this mailing list is for discussing about developing
ubuntu and not helping users with build problems on unfamiliar
platforms ;-) but I'm not sure which mailing list to suggest for this
so here are my $0.02)

On 1 March 2010 20:24, Schoap D <schoappied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I build fluid http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/fluid
> on opensuse buildservice https://build.opensuse.org/ it fails to
> build. It looks like there is something wrong in the source. See
> attachment for logfile

I didn't know that opensuse buildservice supports Debian/Ubuntu =) Wow.

> /usr/bin/htmldoc: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfltk_images.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

The problem starts earlier though:

"installing htmldoc
dpkg: htmldoc: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
 htmldoc depends on libfltk1.1 (>= 1.1.6); however:
  Package libfltk1.1 is not installed."

> How to solve this?

You need to somehow have libfltk package already available to your
build environment. Such that you can successfully install htmldoc and
hence generate docs and get the build finished. I think it's a problem
with the ubuntu archive on Opensuse buildservice.

Why are you using opensuse build service and trying to build this
package? Try using PPA on launchpad.net and it has full ubuntu archive
available already and there are more people who can provide you
support/advice with using PPA's.

> Thanks in advance,
> ~D

Your welcome.