problem with network manager

kshitij tripathi jalashu.tripathi at
Sat Jun 19 06:53:14 UTC 2010

I use Ubuntu Karmic. I am having problem with network manager. Initially at
the release of Karmic, it didn't work with DSL connection so i had to use
command line method: sudo pon dsl-provider. But after one month a ppa was
released which solved my problem and after updates i had version 0.8.0 of
network manager which was working fine till last month. An update came for
beta version of nm-0.8.1, after which i am unable to use network manager to
make an Internet connection and Empathy for instant messaging.

Please suggest a solution for this problem as it is a tiring task to use
command line for connecting and disconnecting to Internet.

Kshitij Tripathi