bugreporting workflow improvement needed i think..

David Hutto dwightdhutto at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 14:48:27 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Rene Veerman <rene7705 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rene Veerman <rene7705 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: bugreporting workflow improvement needed i think..
To: "Brian Murray" <brian at ubuntu.com>
Cc: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 6:48 AM

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I believe that this functionality is already built into Launchpad at
> least for Ubuntu and other projects.  However, if it isn't or there is a
> deficiency in it this is best brought up with the Launchpad developers
> rather than Ubuntu ones.  You can do this on the launchpad users mailing
> list.

thanks for proving my point...

i leave it up to the other readers on this list to push to fix this.

but you should know that many improvements are shoved aside this way.

<dev> : "go ask <them>".
<them>: "nah, go ask <there>".

no, IMHO i think it's more like this:

<potential client>: "I can't fix this crap and don't have time, can you do it for me?"

<devseesuckercomingfromileaway>: "Gee, i wish I could help, but it's not my department"

<potential client>: "You think maybe toggling the wobble button
would fix it,  or maybe rerouting the dabbling shaft to the ethernet
cable through the wifi parralel port, would help?"

<devseesuckercomingfromileaway>: "It might, have you tried using
your electrodynamic pixelization manipulation panel(keyboard) yet?"

<potential client>: "Not yet, but I was just about to"

Three weeks later, 84 hrs of mind numbing blank stares at the monitor, and 6 holes in the wall later...

<potential client sends mail to list>:

HELP WANTED:

Software Developer