cups print dialog defaulting to Postscript...

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:09:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Daniel J Blueman
<daniel.blueman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 August 2010 10:24, Daniel J Blueman <daniel.blueman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Onkar,
>>
>> On 5 August 2010 06:05, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I agree that PDF should have been default since start. I believe there
>>> was a papercut bug for this. But I don't have reference to the bug.
>>>
>>> By the way what you call as CUPS dialog is probably the dialog
>>> provided by printing APIs in GTK+. So it should be possible to patch
>>> GTK+ to use PDF by default.
>>
>> Good heads-up. From
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/611011 , the only
>> related paper cut I could find is:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/611011
>>
>> If this is the one you're referring to, I'll open another one.
>>
>> Thanks for replying all the same!
>
> Of course, I mean from: https://launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/maverick

I was referring to https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/382829

One of the suggestions in the bug is 'default to PDF' format. One
comment suggests that it is already the case except in case of
firefox. I will have to check on my setup.

Onkar