Final Freeze approaching

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Apr 16 16:31:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 03:08 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>  - For packages in universe that aren't seeded in any of the Ubuntu flavors,
>    this final freeze is nominal; packages must be manually accepted by the
>    archive admins, but no additional approval is required.  This means that
>    if you *are* trying to get a package in that needs a FeatureFreeze
>    exception, it's important that you get release team approval *first*,
>    because the archive admins are not expected to check for an exception
>    approval before accepting these packages.

What is the recommended way of determining if something isn't seeded in
any Ubuntu flavors? I admit I've done little with seeds, so I went to
SeedManagement then http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/seeds/
and poked around, but there is a lot to check there. Should I be running
germinate locally? Pointing me to an appropriate man page or wiki entry
is enough.

Thanks!

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com