Removal of notification area

Alvin Thompson alvin at thompsonlogic.com
Sat Apr 24 07:49:39 UTC 2010

On 04/23/2010 02:55 AM, Chandru wrote:
> If notification area is going to be removed as mentioned in this post,
> http://design.canonical.com/2010/04/notification-area/, how will
> applications which do not target Ubuntu alone and are not maintained by
> Ubuntu developers work?

I've had this question, and others, myself.  In fact, I posted a
question about it on launchpad over a year ago:

https://answers.launchpad.net/indicator-applet/+question/64436

Despite the fact that I reopen this question every 15 days (I'm
stubborn), despite the fact that the question has been brought to the
developer's attention more than once, and despite the fact that this
question at one point had enough activity I was (according to launchpad)
a "top contributer" to the project, the developers have decided to
resolutely ignore all questions and complaints about this.  I seriously
doubt that will change.

-Alvin