lucid beta 2 : too long sleep delay of the screen by default

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 15 21:01:11 UTC 2010

On 2010/04/15 16:14 (GMT-0400) Jérôme Bouat composed:

> The default sleep delay of the screen is set to 30 minutes when
> operating on mains.

> I think it is too long because :

> - Nowadays are the screens using mostly the lcd/led technology with fast
> resume.

> - The cost of the energy will increase in the coming years (what ever
> the primary source is).

> I think this default delay could be decreased to 10 or 15 minutes. For
> the few remaining CRT screens, only a few users would have to set their
> preferences.

It should default to infinite, leaving users who want it to choose what suits
them best. Not too many things irritate me more than having the phone or some
other interruption while installing, and having the screen turn black before
I can turn the too short delay to something I can tolerate or make sure the
mouse &/or keyboard actually work.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/