missing Trash shortcut into shortcuts menu of the top panel

Erik Andersen erik.b.andersen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 18:41:17 UTC 2010

(reply bottom posted)

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 07:23, Jérôme Bouat <jerome.bouat at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>  > You ask the developers to "give the user the choice of his/her desktop
>  > customization". You have that choice, as demonstrated by your own
>
> Currently not because I have to open my personnal folder, next I'm
> searching where to open the trash.
>
> It isn't currently easy. I would like a "Trash" shortcut into the
> "Shortcuts" menu.
>
> I think the "Trash" shortcut should be the minimum feature before adding
> a "Downloads" folder, etc.
>
> --

I'm quite sure what 'Shortcuts' menu you are talking about, but I'm
guessing you are talking about the "Places" menu?
Anyway, it works just fine for me to go to the trash in nautilus and
then click Bookmarks > Add Bookmark. Doing that adds a Trash shortcut
to the places menu.

So I would say you have a way to do what you want. As far as the
defaults, I personally think they are just fine the way they are and
are well thought out.

--Erik Andersen