Ubuntu for laptops

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:07:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,
        I have a friend who has a ubuntu laptop . She was complaining
that the OS eats her batteries more than Windows XP.

A little searching around gave me many examples of this. For e.g.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/laptop-testing-team/2009-February/001239.html
and http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/08/25/157209

Lots of what is said there in the comments as well is also pretty relevant.

Has there been any thought of having a distribution specifically for
laptop users (similar to the initiative taken for netbooks - Ubuntu
Netbook remix) otherwise laptop owners have to go through quite few
hoops to make it less battery intensive.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल