launchpad bug reports

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 21 21:43:15 UTC 2009

Am I missing something?  It seems that bug reports in launchpad are
categorized by package name but not by distribution.  Wouldn't it make
sense to take advantage of the distribution hierarchy in order to make
this system easier to work with?

I.e. I'm specifically trying to get some problems with packages in
Karmic Koala sorted out and am not interested in scrolling through lists
of problems that people had with, say, Postfix, in the 8.04 release.  I
can see the utility of being to look at all the bugs at once (e.g. to
check if something was already a problem in a prior release) but for day
to day use I only want to see bugs reported in the context of specific
distribution.