[Ubuntu-bugcontrol] Apport Hooks Task Force

Andrew SB a.starr.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:53:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Sense Hofstede <sense at qense.nl> wrote:
> Reporting bugs against every package would indeed result in a lot of new bug
> reports, but I do think that it would be a good way of keeping track of
> the implementation process. We could use python-launchpadbugs to make the
> task easier.

By my count there are only about 44 packages that currently have apport-hooks.

AFAICT, here is the total number of source packages in Karmic:

Number of source packages in karmic:
  main: 3229
  restricted: 7
  universe: 12403
  multiverse: 520

Totaling 16,159 source packages. Opening new bugs on nearly all of
them seems to be too broad to be helpful. While I think what you're
after is a great goal, I think we better reach it by narrowing our
scope and focusing on specific packages where the hooks will be most
useful. As someone who would be willing to write hooks and incorporate
them into a package, looking at a bug list of over 16,000 wouldn't
give me any idea where to start.

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio