Compiz zoom scary, enabled by default in Karmic RC

John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 27 20:34:05 UTC 2009

I just helped a Mac user the other day whose cat was stumbling across
the keyboard as she scrolled and it ended up doing the zoom gesture.
Completely unfamiliar with the feature, she was unable to restore the
screen to original zoom level.

So, no, while I feel super-scroll is obvious when you're actively
hunting for the sequence, if accidentally triggered it can still lead
to confusion without some sort of hint at least the first time
activated how to restore.