Ubuntu Domain Server

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at me.com
Sun Oct 25 15:40:36 UTC 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> If you feed yourself through Linux system administration you have an
>> interest in it being inaccessible.
>>

> Someone may feed himself by selling used books. He has no interest in
> learning sister admiration whatever that may be. He just wants that
> new Unbuto thing that will let his customers see what books he has.
> And of course he will make sure that he can access the customer's data
> (name, phone number, email address, credit card info) from a little
> hidden link in the corner that nobody would ever notice.

This could be accomplished just as easily on any webhost and is
certainly not going to be triggered by a system administration
utility, though by this logical thread Ubuntu had better get on with
removing Quanta and anything that makes a complex and possibly
dangerous process easier.

Not including these things is of course not going to hurt anything of
course. Some people will use a howto to set it up, some people will
manage to get it working good enough. People that have no interest in
either will use another distribution which does include them. Of the
three I would rather they use the other distro; they're probably
safer, but it doesn't do much for Ubuntu advocacy.