Pulse audio

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Sun Oct 11 09:52:19 UTC 2009

Il 10/10/2009 21:16, Peteris Krisjanis ha scritto:
> Sorry, I can't agree more either. You don't even offer your reasoning
> why there is no strong reasons. For me, integrity, visual style, etc.
> makes it much better and welcome in Ubuntu desktop than Pidgin. And it
> has been a class example why we do evaluate apps and why they are
> given second chance if they improve as Empathy did.

I am pointing out that empathy at the moment is widely broken, and none
of the feature it promises are there. I don't think you can install
ubuntu on a fresh computer and be sure voice calls with empathy will
work at all. I don't think you can really use empathy for IRC. I don't
think empathy will imports accounts from pidgin in a reliable way.

How do I know these things, is because I tried it. When it'll be ready,
it will be a pleasure to use it. I am not saying distributors should
"resist" to change.

V.