Problems using apport-chroot for local crash analysis

Alain Kalker miki at
Fri Nov 27 09:38:49 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 27-11-2009 om 10:18 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Alain
> I would like to use the extensive features of apport to assist with
> local crash analysis, but am running into several problems.

Some minor additions:

I want to do the retracing as a normal user, not as root. Hence the use
of apport-chroot, and also the problem with apport-retrace -R giving an
incomplete stacktrace because it can't install debug symbol packages.
The reason I want to do this is not to spam <coroner> with installed
debug symbol packages, and reducing the workload on updates.