CLI friendliness

Daniel Chen seven.steps at
Wed Nov 11 19:55:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Shentino <shentino at> wrote:
> Most of my important work is done on command line, and personally, I like
> nothing better than a snappy full-screen VT.
> Generally, how friendly is ubuntu planning to be with users like me?

No less friendly than any other modern Linux desktop-oriented
distribution. You may find that choosing an alternate window manager
and/or desktop environment may be more suitable (e.g., I use xmonad
and awesome interchangeably within GNOME, KDE, and Xfce). Moreover,
there are terminator, byobu, screen/tmux, ...