Developers motivation research

M. Pith Mark.Pith at student.uva.nl
Thu Nov 5 08:35:55 UTC 2009

Dear Ubuntu mailing list members,

We would like to ask your cooperation in a large-scale research on motivation factors of
Open Source software developers. The research is performed for the Amsterdam Business
School of the University of Amsterdam. Your participation would consist of completing an
online survey to which we have linked below. Your participation is anonymously.

The aim of the research is to better understand the motivations developers hold for joining
and contributing to an Open Source project. The insights gained from this research would
help the development of theory for Information Management and could help practitioners
understand how and when to start or join Open Source projects. Next to this, the publication
of this research will increase the exposure of the development of Open Source software
within the academic environment.

Please follow the link to the online survey. Our test audience has shown that completing the
survey will take about 15 minutes. Your time is highly appreciated by us.

http://bit.ly/Survey_Developers_Motivation

Kind regards,
Dr. Thomas Adelaar
Mark Pith

-This independent research is not related to Ubuntu or Canonical Ltd-