python-qt4 pyuic4 bug in ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Guillaume Baty guillaume.baty at inria.fr
Mon Nov 2 16:16:23 UTC 2009

Hi,
I'm developping a GUI using PyQt4, Qt4 and qt designer.
I ask my question here because my bug seems to be specific to ubuntu 8.04
PyQt4 version. I hope asking my question in the good list.

My widget in designer (see attach) use a GridLayout.
I use pyuic4 (pyqt4-devel-tools) to generate dynamically code.

pyuic4 should generate :
        self.gridLayout = QtGui.QGridLayout()

It's the case with lot of pyqt version in lot of linux distribution but on
ubuntu 8.04 LTS
with
 - python : 2.5.2
 - qt : 4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1
 - pyqt4 : 4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1

pyuic4 doesn't generate gridLayout object !

The same problem seems to appear for other layouts like QVBoxLayout.

My main problem is that my users don't want to upgrade ubuntu because they
have chosen LTS version for stability reasons.

What can I do ?
Is a new PyQt4 update in 8.04 LTS planned, is there a simple patch available ?

Last question, why Qt4 and PyQt4 version are differents in this repository ?

Thank you very much for your answers, and sorry for my bad english.

Guillaume