Ubuntu Domain Server

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:16:17 UTC 2009

2009/11/1 Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>>> <sigh>  They _are_ they sysadmin.  Like it or not.  And yes, they'll
>>> enable an exploitable module - but they'll do that whether you make it
>>> hard for them or not.  If you won't give them the tools, they'll just
>>> google for an answer, take the first one they find - safe or not - and
>>> throw it in.  If it appears to work, that's _all_ they'll care about.  If
>>> you give them the tools, they won't be able to enable modules that you
>>> don't bless.  Of course, the modules shipped with Ubuntu may be
>>> exploitable too, and we can't force anybody to keep their system
>>> up-to-date,
>>>

>> Exactly. You already know that these people will shoot themselves in
>> the foot. So why do you want to help them?
>

> You know that that's neither what I said, nor what I want to do.

This part looked like that is what you were saying:

>>> And yes, they'll
>>> enable an exploitable module - but they'll do that whether you make it
>>> hard for them or not.

> As long as
> you insist on ignoring the fact that there's a problem,

Please state clearly what the problem is. This thread looks like a
feature request, not a bug report.

> and attacking me
> personally

I attacked you personally, Derek? If that's the way it sounded, then
rest assured that was not my intention. Please point out what appeared
to be a personal attack so that I can learn not to do it again. Maybe
there was a bit of culture clash.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com