Oo.org Calc Pdf Export Issue

Stefan Kachaunov kachaunov.stef at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:27:35 UTC 2009

Hello!

I am writing to you because I (as well as others:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=78686&highlight=arabic
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=881853 )have been having
problems with the PDF export feature in Open Office Calc.

Almost every time a spreadsheet is exported (whether embedded as OLE or
by itself) to PDF via the built-in pdf export system (not cups-pdf), a
random number of the formula fields are exported in Eastern Arabic
numbers, not the regular Arabic numbers that are standard today
throughout the world. The most frustrating is, that only SOME of the
fields get exported like this, and the corrupted fields are different
with every export (eg. Cell A1-A9 are normal, A10-A12 are corrupted;
upon next export A1-A6 are corrupted, A7-A12 are normal). A forum reply
on the Ooo forums hinted that the problem might be due to the version
provided in the Ubuntu repos.

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 x64, other users have reported this problem
mainly on x64 installations.

Please, look into this issue and provide some feedback to the community
to let us know when the problem is resolved, or if you need more
specific information.

Best Regards,
Stefan K.