What's wrong with Ubuntu's policy?

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon May 25 00:09:41 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 22-05-2009 om 15:37 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Evan R.
Murphy:
> Well, it would be great to avoid all the duplication of effort we can.
> If Dell really is double-testing updates for stability, the results of
> those tests could be useful to Ubuntu proper, so long as they're
> willing to share.

It might me useful, but a workaround for a bug that works fine on a
specific set of Dell systems doesn't necessarily work well on all other
systems.  I'm sure they are happy to provide such test results anyway,
as not doing so would cost them more than sharing them.

--
Jan Claeys